After a week off due to recovery time from a trip to Michigan and the impending arrival of Momma CHollis in Seattle for Mother’s Day, it’s time to welcome back “PT”. I want to also take a second to wish the Pistons “bon voyage”, as their PT presence is now officially gone until next season.
To the good stuff…
- The Red Wings continued their dog fight in their Western Conference semifinal matchup with the Ducks, taking a tough loss on Tuesday night (coughcoughBradWatsoncoughcough), but bouncing back to drop the Ducks on both Thursday night in Anaheim and Sunday afternoon in Detroit.
- The Tigers split a two game series at home against the Twins, got rained out in Chicago, lost to the White Sox, and then swept the Indians in a three game series in Cleveland.
- Michigan baseball took a pair against Western Michigan early in the week, then went 1-2 against Big Ten opponent Minnesota at home this weekend.
- Red Wings: 2-1
- Tigers: 4-2
- Michigan Baseball: 3-2
Grand total: 9-5
Team of the Week
Your Detroit Tigers. The Tigers did some good work against divisional opponents this past week, including earning their first series sweep in Cleveland since 1990. With some help from the Angels, the Tigers also managed to jump back into a first place tie in the AL Central with the Royals heading into this week.
Without further ado, the matchups for the week:
- Tuesday, May 12 at Anaheim – 10:00 PM (Game 6) (Versus)
- Thursday, May 14 vs. Anaheim – TBD (Game 7) (If Necessary)
- Tuesday, May 12 at Minnesota – 8:10 PM (FS Detroit +)
- Wednesday, May 13 at Minnesota – 8:10 PM (FS Detroit)
- Thursday, May 14 at Minnesota – 1:10 PM (FS Detroit)
- Friday, May 15 vs. Oakland– 7:05 PM (FS Detroit)
- Saturday, May 16 vs. Oakland – 7:05 PM (FS Detroit)
- Sunday, May 17 vs. Oakland – 1:05 PM (FS Detroit)
- Tuesday, May 12 vs. Ball State (DH) – 3:05 PM
- Thursday, May 14 at Northwestern – 4:00 PM
- Friday, May 15 at Northwestern - 4:00 PM
- Saturday, May 16 at Northwestern – 2:00 PM
Game of the Week
Red Wings: Tuesday, May 12 at Anaheim – 10:00 PM (Versus)
It’s really simple: win and you move on the the Western Conference Finals. Lose, and it’s back to Detroit for a Game 7, where anything can happen. Let’s hope for the former.