Tigers 5, Blue Jays 1
1-2, 4th in AL Central (1.0 GB)
(Courtesy of AP)
- After two days of pitching woes, Los Tigres put together a complete effort on the mound tonight, anchored by a strong 5.2 innings from starter Zach Miner. Not bad for a guy who is “keeping the seat warm” until Jeremy Bonderman returns from his injury. Relievers Bobby Seay, Ryan Perry and closer Fernando Rodney got the job done without allowing a run, and showed that this bullpen can be pretty darn good when they want to be.
- The bats stayed poppin’ with two home runs from Miguel Cabrera and a solo shot from Brandon Inge. With his dinger tonight, Inge is the first Tiger in over 50 years to homer in his first three games.
- While all is not remedied with this win, it looks like the recipe for success for this team is jumping on opposing pitching early. They have the offense to play from behind, but with so many unknowns about the pitching staff, the earlier the Tigers score, the better.
Probable Starters for 4/9:
- Tigers – Rick Porcello (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
- Blue Jays – Ricky Romero (0-0, 0.00 ERA)