This will be an ongoing segment following each Tigers game. Check in after each game and get some quick thoughts, feelings and other general observations.
Blue Jays 12
(Courtesy of Frank Gunn/AP)
- Who had the worse night? Justin Verlander (3.2 IP, 8 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 19.64 ERA) or newly acquired Yankees “ace” C.C. Sabathia (4.1 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 0 K, 0 HR, 12.46 ERA)? Either way, this was not what either team was expecting from their opening day hurlers.
- How about much maligned Nate Robertson? Nate pitched with some fire (granted it was only one inning) and was one of the only bright spots for Tigers’ pitching with 2 K’s in one inning of work.
- Does anyone know WTF happened to cause the ruckus in the stands? One minute the Tigers are getting whomped and the next minute, we have a nine minute delay and Jim Leyland is pulling his players off the field. From the sounds of it, there are some pretty embarrassed Jays fans after the incident.
Probable pitchers for 4/7:
- Tigers – Edwin Jackson (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
- Blue Jays – David Purcey (0-0, 0.00 ERA)