After a week hiatus, PT is back and ready to enlighten the masses, albeit with fewer teams to pull for.
- Michigan Hockey: 0-1
- Red Wings: 1-3
- Pistons: 2-2
- Michigan Baseball: 2-2
Grand total: 5-8
- Michigan hockey got bounced out of the NCAA tournament by fourth seeded Air Force. Awesome.
- The Red Wings struggled their way to a 1-3 record behind playoff “anchor” Chris Osgood. Oh wait, their only win this week came with Ty Conklin in net. Right. I’m officially worried now.
- The Pistons did something and apparently won two games. I think AI is back too. More to come on the Pistons later this week.
- Michigan baseball lost to Eastern Michigan (whoops), and then went on the road to Iowa and took 2 of 3.
Team of the Week is something you are totally not prepared for. Since all of the local teams failed to impress, especially hockey, my team of the week award goes to the Bemidji State Beavers hockey squad.
After Michigan got bounced unceremoniously from the dance, it looked as if Notre Dame would laugh their way to the Frozen Four as we sat at home and watched. WRONG. Bemidji State showed up and absolutely WHOOPED the ‘domers, deflecting most of the attention away from our loss. Apparently that wasn’t enough, as the Beavers then went on to upset Cornell and secure themselves a berth in the Frozen Four. For a team that NOBODY believed could even give ND a test, this is pretty friggin special. It’s also fitting as the program is basically fighting for its life as their conference dissolves next year and they might not get into the WCHA. Might be time to think twice about that. Anyways, I’m throwing my support behind the Beavers for the rest of the Frozen Four, and I hope they bounce Rico Blasi and Miami and get to tangle with BU in a David v. Goliath battle for the title.
- Thursday, April 2 vs. St. Louis – 7:30 PM (FSN Detroit)
- Sunday, April 5 vs. Minnesota – 12:30 PM (NBC)
NOTE: Remember that prediction I made about the Wings and the Sharks and the end of the season?
- San Jose wins 83% (7 wins) of their remaining home games and 54% (6 wins) of their remaining road games before March 31st.
- Projected point total: 111 points
- Detroit wins 75% (6 wins) of their remaining home games and 57% (5 wins) of their remaining road games before March 31st.
- Projected point total: 106 points
Well, the Sharks play tonight, and if they win, they will be at…111 points. Wings currently sit at 107. The stats don’t lie folks.
- Tuesday, March 30 at Cleveland – 7:00 PM (FSN Detroit)
- Wednesday, April 1 at New Jersey – 7:30 PM (FSN Detroit)
- Saturday, April 4 at Philadelphia – 3:00 PM ESPN
- Sunday, April 5 vs. Charlotte – 6:00 PM (FS Plus)
- Tuesday, March 31 vs. Bowling Green – 3:05 PM
- Wednesday, April 1 vs. Oakland – 3:05 PM
- Friday, April 3 vs. Penn State – 4:00 PM
- Saturday, April 4 vs. Penn State – 1:05 PM
- Sunday, April 5 vs. Penn State - 1:05 PM
Tigers SPRING TRAINING fun continues with matchups against…honestly, who the hell cares. Consider the Tigers shelved until opening day.
Game of the Week
NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!
Watch the Final Four. And the Wings game on Sunday. Hey, it’s on NBC, why not? I might even crank up a live blog for it. If not, I’ll definitely be twittering, so check me out @chollis.